The Trans Wellness Center is a HATE-FREE ZONE, we care for the safety and well-being of all our clients and staff. By signing this contract, I agree to abide by the following rules for the safety and well-being of myself and others.
- Follow the Golden Rule: Treat others as you want to be treated. And respect the rights of others.
- Respect the TWC property and other people’s property, including other shared common spaces in the entire building.
- Safe Space: No weapons of any kind. No physical or verbal violence or abuse, or language that is transphobic, homophobic, or racist. No bullying.
- Keep voices to indoor volumes, no shouting.
- Substance-Free Space: TWC is alcohol, tobacco, and drug-free.
- Maintain confidentiality: What is said here, stays here.
- Ask for consent before touching anyone. No extreme PDA’s (Public Display of Affection).
- Use “I” statements, and practice the concept of “step up, step back” when you notice yourself talking more than others.
- Keep the volume of personal devices to a minimum, use headphones if listening to music. Please take personal calls in the hallway.
I acknowledge if I don’t follow the rules, I may be subject to suspension from the Trans Wellness Center. Every case will be subject to review by Program Manager.